The role of the business analyst is continually advancing and as business analysts gain more knowledge and experience, training is needed to keep the more advanced business analyst on their career path as leaders, advisors, experts, and mentors in their profession. Advancing business analysis capabilities is about refining the abilities we have, and maybe adding a few more, to help us navigate through changing environments and produce successful outcomes and successful careers.
This course moves the business analyst out of a knowledge-based class to a practitioner class where they can have intense discussions around a variety of challenging situations, where there isn’t just one way to approach a situation. “It depends” will be the mantra. We assist the business analyst in finding their own path, to make their own choices and to find the “right-fit”. It is about making thoughtful and informed adjustments.
We help these practitioners learn to:
- Develop an enterprise mindset
- Adapt to the life cycle approach
- Consider uniqueness
- Adjust based on risks
- Always focus on value
- Bridge the capability gap
- Build up the tool chest
These seven steps are from “Mastering Business Analysis Versatility” by Eugenia C. Schmidt. Access to an electronic version will be provided with the course.
How business analysis is performed, in the most efficient and effective way, where the most value is provided to stakeholders – that is where business analysts can be an example to others by bringing passion and the art into their roles and careers. Can you master versatility?
- Improve leadership skills by examining business analysis leadership from many perspectives and the many factors that can affect how they lead
- Build up courage and confidence addressing the fear of uncertainty by knowing how to confront conflicts and change.
- Think more strategically by knowing how to collaborate and strengthen relationships with executive-level management, vendors, enterprise architects and governance entities.
- Gain a better understanding of strategic roles that can be a career move, such as business architect, change agent or business relationship manager.
- Effectively evaluate solution life cycle variables, initiative characteristics and risks to tailor or adjust the business analysis and overall project approach with project manager collaboration.
- Adapt to the ever-changing and challenging situations that happen during the execution of their activities by addressing various scenarios in a low-risk training environment.
- Improve their ability to see value from different perspectives, move from potential value to real value and to manage value in various ways and at various levels (enterprise, program, project and specific requirements).
- Show their versatility by applying techniques across the different life cycles, using different notations, knowing when to elaborate and apply the right level of robustness.
- Gain an insight into themselves; close their capability gaps and reflect on the value they present to others by being an advisor and mentor.
This course is also offered on our Public Schedule via Live Virtual Classroom:Contact us here.