This two-day course helps participants understand the benefits and methods of Agile Software Development as well as how it can be applied in their organization. The course covers its origins, roles and responsibilities and the essential elements of how to plan and execute releases and iterations. Most importantly, it emphasizes to participants why Agile Software Development has worked in organizations around the world and can how it can be just as effective in theirs.
Participants will receive a comprehensive overview of the essential concepts, processes and tools of Agile software development using lean project management and lean methodology. They will learn how to apply these methodologies to improve the product strategy, eliminate waste and streamline the product management process. The course covers extreme programming (XP) practices, including feedback loops and how to manage product backlog items to help deliver work efficiently. This training is designed to help product team members understand the product vision and how to continuously improve their processes for maximum impact.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply the values and principles of the Agile model for product development
- Recognize the cultural and mindset challenges of being entirely successful with Agile
- Create a strong focus on the delivery of customer value
- Grow self-organizing teams that frequently deliver valuable, high-quality products
This course is ideal for anyone in the organization who would like to learn about Agile development, its benefits, challenges and their role in the Agile methodology and practices.
- The waste in Software development organizations
- Introduction to Agile development
- Different methodologies that follow Agile principles
- Dispelling Agile myths and misconceptions
- Agile terminology
- Agile roles and responsibilities
- Introduction to User stories
- Working with features and vertical slices
- Executing the iteration
- Reviewing the deliverables
- Looking back: Retrospectives
- Agile Testing and Continuous Integration