Building on traditional risk-based test practice we are now challenged by incremental delivery. To address but not inhibit Agility, we examine concepts like pair testing and strengthening relationships in a team setting to build a sense of common purpose. Working in parallel with developers eliminates hand-offs and late stage testing, and enables incremental confirmed component delivery. This 2-day program builds on what we know and adapts to what we need … Agile delivery. Agile testing opens new areas of opportunity to build strength in product quality, process improvement and test confidence.
When implementing changes in methods and approaches, we may slide back into old test habits, or leave methods behind rather than transition from them. We may throw everything away and do a wholesale replacement without appreciating what really needs to change. Most testing practices work, but only within appropriate development contexts. This program will contrast traditional against Agile testing, highlighting what changes we must make to apply the best testing principles in the new role that we will play. Agile testing is not a separate service, but an integrated part of the development team. This 2-day course will introduce you to the Agile Testing Process, and explore Agile testing practices that you can immediately take from the classroom into the office with newfound confidence.
- Improve software quality delivered by your Agile development teams.
- Apply all four quadrants of software testing to ensure the effectiveness of both business facing and technology facing testing.
- Accelerate defect detection and correction and lower integration costs through continuous integration.
- “Build the product right” by applying techniques like Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Capitalize on your investment in traditional testing methods by transitioning them to an Agile approach.
- Address product and technical risk using Risk-Based Testing to better focus time and resources.
- Enhance the skills of your testers and development team to effectively conduct adequate testing.
- Learn from defects so you can optimize your Agile development process.
- Achieve higher product confidence by using Pair Testing.
- Optimize the performance of your Agile teams through proper testing roles.
Who Should Attend:
- Quality Analysts & Engineers
- Software Test Leads & Testers
- Software Quality & Testing Managers
- Software Project Managers
- Software Engineering Managers
- Business Analysts
- Software Development Managers
- IT Managers
The course is also available publicly via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information