This 5-day course provides students with the knowledge and skills to utilize Windows PowerShell for administering and automating administration of Windows based servers.
This course is intended for IT Professionals already experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration, including Active Directory administration. No prior experience with any version of Windows PowerShell, or any scripting language, is assumed.
What You’ll Learn:
- Explain how Windows PowerShell works.
- Use Windows PowerShell as an interactive, command-line shell.
- Use Core Windows PowerShell cmdlets for everyday purpose.
- Customize the output using Windows PowerShell Formatting Subsystem.
- Explain what Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) is and how it can be used from Windows PowerShell.
- Manage Active Directory objects using Windows PowerShell cmdlets.
- Write basic Windows PowerShell scripts that execute batches of commands.
- Work with Windows PowerShell’s background jobs and remote administration functionality.
- Master the scripting language of Windows PowerShell.
- Use advanced techniques related to structured programming within Windows PowerShell.
- Automate Windows Server 2008 R2 Administration using Windows PowerShell.
- Identify the best practices for working with Windows PowerShell.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.