This 3-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to utilize Windows PowerShell for administering and automating administration of Windows Server 2008. The course focuses on cmdlets, script structure and flow control, language syntax, and implementation details of scripting administrative tasks using COM, WMI, and .NET foundations.
This course is intended for Windows administrators interested in automating Windows Server 2008 administration tasks, as well as those people looking for a full-featured interactive command-line environment for Windows operating systems. Windows end users or developers who need to understand what is involved in Windows administration or command-line environments may also find this course helpful.
What You’ll Learn:
- Install and launch Windows PowerShell
- Work with basic objects in Windows PowerShell, including using cmdlets, data types, variables, and fundamental object-based information models
- Implement sequences of operations by putting them together into a pipeline
- Control the formatting of the resultant set of objects that are emitted at the end of a pipeline
- Implement sequences of operations by putting them together into a script
- Implement flow control within scripts and define functions and filters to help modularize complex scripts
- Manipulate files and registry values
- Manage disk storage volumes, shadow copies, shared folders, Terminal Services and IIS properties using WMI in Windows PowerShell
- Administer and maintain Active Directory directory services and IIS 7.0 Web sites using Windows PowerShell
- Maintain Group Policy using Windows PowerShell
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.