This 2 day course is an introductory course designed to provide participants with a basic understanding of the benefits, functions and impact a business analyst has within an organization. The course discusses the business analysis process as it is applied throughout a project as well as the pre-project activities that comprise strategy analysis. Participants learn how a business analyst supports the project throughout the solution development life cycle, from defining business needs and solution scope to validating that requirements have been met in the testing phase and ensuring the solution continues to provide value after implementation.
After completing this course, participants will fully understand the characteristics of the business analyst role and the components that comprise the profession of business analysis. Students will obtain a solid working vocabulary to enable effective communication about business analysis activities and deliverables across the project team. Included:
- Full Student Guide and business analysis templates
- Understand the role of the business analyst
- Discuss industry standards/resources for obtaining more information about business analysis
- Acquire a solid understanding of the various tasks/activities that comprises business analysis
- Recognize the pre and post project business analysis activities
- Learn how to plan, elicit, analyze, model, and test requirements
Intended Audience: Designed for individuals new to the business analyst role or those who supervise and/or work with business analysts
Prerequisites: No prerequisites: this course is suitable for both novices and experienced practitioners who need to have a clear and systematic approach to Business Analysis.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.