The course will begin with a review of the IS audit process based upon internationally accepted audit standards. The student will learn methods for conducting a risk assessment as well as techniques to successfully evaluate the effectiveness of Information Technology (IT) controls based upon the identified risks. Students will also become familiar with Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC) from an IS auditor’s perspective. The course will also review the processes for ensuring the organizational strategies and objectives are met not only during the acquisition, development and testing phases of the systems life cycle but also during the operations and maintenances phases.
While designed to review the IS audit processes and procedures, this course has a focus on preparing candidates to sit for the CISA certification examination. This focus will include practice exams and question analysis to aid students in figuring out exactly what the questions are asking and how to answer them.
The CISA® exam is offered three times per year, over a window of dates.
To find a testing location near you, please visit www.isaca.org/examlocations.
- Understand the fundamentals audit and risk analysis techniques
- Become familiar with audit planning
- Understand the criticality of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) and Quality Management
- Recognize the contributions an auditor can make to basic business functions such as human resource management and contract management
- Discover how IS audit can play an important role in improving the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and acquisitions processes
- Understand how to identify and mitigate problems during the operations and maintenance of IT systems
- Develop processes and procedure for conducting incident management, business continuity and disaster recovery
- Understand the major tenants of IS security including confidentiality, integrity and availability
- Explore basic IT security controls including encryption, mobile security and data classification
- Discover the challenges organizations face when implementing cloud based solutions and techniques for auditing the cloud
Who should attend
- IT Auditors
- Security Auditors
- Information Systems Managers
- Internal Audit Directors
- Security Analysts
- Risk Analysts
- Compliance Managers
- IT Project Managers
- Security Managers and Directors
This course is also available publicly via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information