Cloudera Data Analyst Training: Using Pig, Hive, and Impala with Hadoop
4 Days Instructor-led
Cloudera University’s four-day data analyst training course focusing on Apache Pig and Hive and Cloudera Impala will teach you to apply traditional data analytics and business intelligence skills to big data. Cloudera presents the tools data professionals need to access, manipulate, transform, and analyze complex data sets using SQL and familiar scripting languages.
- Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as:
- The features that Pig, Hive, and Impala offer for data acquisition, storage, and analysis
- The fundamentals of Apache Hadoop and data ETL (extract, transform, load), ingestion, and processing with Hadoop
- How Pig, Hive, and Impala improve productivity for typical analysis tasks
- Joining diverse datasets to gain valuable business insight
- Performing real-time, complex queries on datasets
Who Can Benefit
- This course is designed for data analysts, business intelligence specialists, developers, system architects, and database administrators.
- Knowledge of SQL is assumed, as is basic Linux command-line familiarity. Knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g., Bash scripting, Perl, Python, Ruby) would be helpful but is not essential. Prior knowledge of Apache Hadoop is not required.
- Advance Your Ecosystem Expertise
- Apache Pig applies the fundamentals of familiar scripting languages to the Hadoop cluster. Apache Hive makes transformation and analysis of complex, multi-structured data scalable in Hadoop. Cloudera Impala enables real-time interactive analysis of the data stored in Hadoop via a native SQL environment. Together, Pig, Hive, and Impala make multi-structured data accessible to analysts, database administrators, and others without Java programming expertise.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.
Get Course Information