Cloudera Training for Apache HBase
3 Days Instructor-led
Cloudera University’s three-day training course for Apache HBase enables participants to store and access massive quantities of multi-structured data and perform hundreds of thousands of operations per second. Apache HBase is distributed, scalable, NoSQL database built on Apache Hadoop. HBase can store data in massive tables consisting of billions of rows and millions of columns, serve data to many users and applications in real time, and provide fast, random read/write access to users and applications.
- Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as:
- Use cases and usage occasions for HBase, Hadoop, and RDBMS
- Using the HBase shell to directly manipulate HBase tables
- Designing optimal HBase schemas for efficient data storage and recovery
- How to connect to HBase using the Java API to insert and retrieve data in real time
- Best practices for identifying and resolving performance bottlenecks
Who Can Benefit
- This course is appropriate for developers and administrators who intend to use HBase. Prior experience with databases and data modeling is helpful, but not required. Knowledge of Java is assumed. Prior knowledge of Hadoop is not required, but Cloudera Developer Training for Apache Hadoop provides an excellent foundation for this course.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.
Get Course Information