In the 3-day COBIT 5 Assessor course you will master the understanding of how to perform a formal Process Capability Assessment and how it can be used to enable business goals, prioritize improvement activities and identify opportunities for improving the governance and management of IT assets.
The course provides the basis for assessing an enterprise’s process capabilities against the COBIT 5 Process Reference Model (PRM). Evidence-based to enable a reliable, consistent and repeatable way to assess IT process capabilities, this model helps IT leaders gain C-level and board member buy-in for change and improvement initiatives.
Assessment results provide a determination of process capability. They can be used for process improvement, delivering value to the business, measuring the achievement of current or projected business goals, benchmarking, consistent reporting and organizational compliance. The course is supported by practical exercises and engaging case-based scenarios.
A successful practitioner candidate will be able to become an assessor or a lead assessor and apply for full ISACA certification if they can supply further proof of the competences required by ISACA.
- Internal & external Auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits.
- IT auditors who want to add process capability assessments to the scope of their audits.
- Consultants who want to be allowed to perform independent process assessments on behalf of their clients.
At the end of this course, you will gain competencies in:
- How to perform a process capability assessment using the Assessor Guide / COBIT 5
- How to apply the Process Assessment Model (The PAM) in performing a process capability assessment
- To use the Process Reference Model, in particular to be able to use the 37 processes outlined in the PRM
- To apply and analyze the measurement model in assessing process capability levels
- To apply and analyze the capability dimension using generic criteria outlined in the PAM
- How to identify and assess the roles and responsibilities in the process capability assessment process
- How to perform and assess the 7 steps outlined in the Assessor Guide
- Initiate a process assessment
- Scope an assessment, using the tools provided and the PAM for the selection of the appropriate processes
- Plan and brief the teams
- Collect and validate the data
- Do a process attribute rating
- Report the findings of the assessment
- How to use the self-assessment guide
Scenario-driven learning has always been one of the key success factors of the ITpreneurs COBIT training approach, since it puts participants in the right mind-set to apply the principles of COBIT in real life. The all-new case study takes this into account and builds on it by:
- Providing more business-focused challenges through situations and cases
- Presenting a real world connect using situations that can occur in day-to-day life
- Discussing the application of COBIT with others
Successful Completion of the COBIT 5 Foundation Exam.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.