This 4-day training course covers everything that you need to know before beginning a career in the IT
industry. It will teach your everything you need to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT
infrastructure, software development and database use. In addition, students will be able to install
software, establish basic network connectivity and identify/prevent basic security risks. Further, this
course will enhance the student’s knowledge in troubleshooting theory and preventative maintenance of
devices. In short, this course will teach you the fundamentals concepts in Computer Science to get your
career in IT off to a solid foundation.
• Set up a computer workstation and use basic software applications.
• Explain the functions and types of devices used within a computer system.
• Apply basic computer maintenance and support principles.
• Describe some principles of software and database development.
• Configure computers and mobile devices to connect to home networks and to the Internet.
• Identify security issues affecting the use of computers and networks.
This course is for those considering a career in IT and computer-related fields. Consequently, there are
no special prerequisites to start this course. We have made the assumption that you don’t know much
about how computers or software work, or even how to use them. Some experience with using a
keyboard and mouse will be helpful but is not essential.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.