This 5-day instructor-led course provides students with the knowledge and skills to configure and troubleshoot Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Sp1 Network Infrastructures. It will cover networking technologies most commonly used with Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Sp1 such as DNS, DHCP, IPv4 and IPv6 network addressing, Network Policy server and Network Access Protection and configuring secure network access. It also covers fault tolerant storage technologies, Network Storage and routing and remote access, monitoring and compliance updates as well as other relevant technologies
This course will be of interest and benefit to attendees with different back grounds and career aspirations. It will be of interest to Network Administrators who currently are, or will be, working with Windows Server 2008 servers. It will also be of interest and benefit to Active Directory technology specialists who aspire to be Enterprise Administrators (Tier 4 day-to-day network operations) or experienced Server Administrators who aspire to be Enterprise Administrators.
Storage Area Network Administrators who need to understand this information to deploy or extend their current storage infrastructure and Operations Managers who need this information to support troubleshooting efforts and business decisions would also benefit from this course
This course also maps directly to the 70-642:TS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring exam objective domain and is part of the MCTS prerequisites for the MCITP: Server Administrator credential. As such people looking to take the 70-642 exam or obtain the MCITP: Server Administrator credential would also benefit from attending this course.
What You’ll Learn:
- Plan and configure an IPv4 network infrastructure.
- Implement DHCP within their organization.
- Configure and troubleshoot DNS.
- Configure, transition to, and troubleshoot IPv6.
- Configure and troubleshoot Routing and Remote Access.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot the Network Policy Server Role service.
- Implement Network Access Protection.
- Implement security features within Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2.
- Implement security features within Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 that help to secure network communications.
- Configure and troubleshot file and print services.
- Enable and configure services to optimize branch office data access.
- Control and monitor network storage.
- Recover data on Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 servers.
- Monitor Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server R2 network infrastructure services.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.