Data Warehousing on AWS introduces you to concepts, strategies, and best practices for designing a cloud-based data warehousing solution using Amazon Redshift, the petabyte-scale data warehouse in AWS. This course demonstrates how to collect, store, and prepare data for the data warehouse by using other AWS services such as Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon EMR, Amazon Kinesis Firehose, and Amazon S3. Additionally, this course demonstrates how to use business intelligence tools to perform analysis on your data.
In this course, you will
- Discuss the core concepts of data warehousing.
- Evaluate the relationship between Amazon Redshift and other big data systems
- Evaluate use cases for data warehousing workloads and review case studies that demonstrate implementation of AWS data and analytic services as part of a data warehousing solution.
- Choose an appropriate Amazon Redshift node type and size for your data needs.
- Discuss security features as they pertain to Amazon Redshift, such as encryption, IAM permissions, and database permissions.
- Launch an Amazon Redshift cluster and use the components, features, and functionality to implement a data warehouse in the cloud.
- Use other AWS data and analytic services, such as Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon EMR, Amazon Kinesis Firehose, and Amazon S3, to contribute to the data warehousing solution.
- Evaluate approaches and methodologies for designing data warehouses.
- Identify data sources and assess requirements that affect the data warehouse design.
- Introduction to Data Warehousing
- Introduction to Amazon Redshift
- Launching Clusters
- Designing the Database Schema
- Identifying Data Sources
- Loading Data
- Writing Queries and Tuning Performance
- Amazon Redshift Spectrum
- Maintaining Clusters
- Analyzing and Visualizing Data
This course is also offered on our public schedule via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information