Designing and Building Big Data Applications
4 Days Instructor-led
Cloudera University’s four-day course for designing and building Big Data applications prepares you to analyze and solve real-world problems using Apache Hadoop and associated tools in the enterprise data hub (EDH). You will work through the entire process of designing and building solutions, including ingesting data, determining the appropriate file format for storage, processing the stored data, and presenting the results to the end-user in an easy-to-digest form. Go beyond MapReduce to use additional elements of the EDH and develop converged applications that are highly relevant to the business.
- Through instructor-led discussion and interactive, hands-on exercises, participants will navigate the Hadoop ecosystem, learning topics such as:
- Creating a data set with Kite SDK
- Developing custom Flume components for data ingestion
- Managing a multi-stage workflow with Oozie
- Analyzing data with Crunch
- Writing user-defined functions for Hive and Impala
- Transforming data with Morphlines
- Indexing data with Cloudera Search
Who Can Benefit
- This course is best suited to developers, engineers, and architects who want to use use Hadoop and related tools to solve real-world problems. Participants should have already attended Cloudera Developer Training for Apache Hadoop or have equivalent practical experience. Good knowledge of Java and basic familiarity with Linux are required. Experience with SQL is helpful
- Certification is a great differentiator; it helps establish you as a leader in the field, providing employers and customers with tangible evidence of your skills and expertise.
Get Course Information