During this 5-day course, students will learn how to design an Active Directory infrastructure in the Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems. Students will learn how to design Active Directory forests, domain infrastructure, sites and replication, administrative structures, Group Policy, and Public Key Infrastructures (PKIs). Students will also learn how to design for security, high availability, disaster recovery, and migrations.
The primary audience for this course is IT professionals, including administrators of Windows 2000 Server and Windows Server 2003 Enterprise who want to become administrators of Windows Server 2008 Enterprise.
This course is intended for IT professionals who want to gain professional job role skills to help them design the infrastructure for Active Directory for Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 as an Enterprise Administrator. This course is also intended for IT professionals who have been working as Enterprise Administrators on previous versions of Windows Server and who want to update their skills to Windows Server 2008. Students might already be, or have been, Server Administrators who make planning and design decisions at a server level and who want to gain the skills and knowledge they need to transition to enterprise-level design decisions.
What You’ll Learn:
- Provide an overview of the lab scenario.
- Create a design for the Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) forest and forest trust deployment.
- Design an AD DS domain and Domain Name Service (DNS) integration design.
- Design AD DS sites and AD DS replication.
- Create an AD DS domain controller deployment plan.
- Create an AD DS domain administration design and partially implement the design.
- Create an AD DS Group Policy design and implement some components of that design.
- Design and implement AD DS security policies that meet security requirements.
- Design and implement a PKI deployment by using Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS).
- Design an Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS) solution and deploy RMS for internal users.
- Create and implement an Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services (AD LDS) design.
- Review and validate a Federated Web single sign-on (SSO) deployment.
- Design and implement a domain restructure.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.
Get Course Information