This 5-day course will provide students with an understanding of how to design a Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure that meets business and technical requirements for network services. This course will prepare IT professionals for the role of Enterprise Administrator. Students will learn how to design application infrastructure solutions based on Windows Server 2008 to meet varying business and technical requirements.
This course is intended for IT Professionals who typically work as Enterprise Administrators and that wish to obtain skills that enable them to design a Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2 network and application Infrastructure. This course is also for Enterprise Administrators or for IT Professionals who have been working on a previous version of Windows Server and want to update their skills to a Windows Server 2008 environment. Students may already be, or have been, working as server administrators involved in planning and design decisions at a server level, and who wish to gain skills and knowledge that enable them to transition to Enterprise level design decisions. The application infrastructure components of the course will focus primarily on web-based applications, application and presentation virtualization options and Remote Desktop Services. Application architects who want to know more about how to integrate Windows Server 2008 technologies into enterprise applications will also benefit from this course.
What You’ll Learn:
- Design a plan for allocating IP addresses to workstations and servers
- Design an appropriate name resolution system that incorporates DNS.
- Design an appropriate name resolution system that incorporates DNS and NetBIOS name resolution
- Design a solution for network access.
- Design a secure network.
- Design an appropriate application deployment solution for a given scenario.
- Identify how Remote Desktop Services can be implemented and select an appropriate method for a given scenario
- Design IIS for Web-based applications.
- Design file and print service specific to the needs of a given scenario
- Design file replication and caching to support branch office and mobile users.
- Identify different ways that applications and data can be configured to support business continuity and select an appropriate method for a given scenario
- Design a virtualization infrastructure.
- Design and implement a WSUS solution.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.
Get Course Information