In this 5-day course, experienced developers who know the basics of Windows Forms development gain more advanced Windows Client design and development skills. WinForms and WPF programming models, as well as relative strengths and when to use each technology, are covered.
This course is intended for Technology Specialists in the area of Windows Client Development who work in a development environment that uses Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2010 and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 to create rich client applications for Windows.
What You’ll Learn:
- understand how varying business requirements influence the design decisions when planning a Windows Client application.
- understand the new features of Visual Studio 2010 WPF
- design and build a UI that provides the expected end-user experience and UI functionality
- create a consistent and manageable user interface
- understand best practices when testing and learn how to debug their applications
- use advanced exception handling in Windows Client application scenarios
- implement advanced data binding scenarios
- use coding techniques to improve the responsiveness of their applications
- implement localization, user assistance, and accessibility features within an application
- understand the basics of graphics in WPF
- customize controls and introduce students to custom controls
- implement application behaviors based on user actions or events by using attached properties and Expression Blend behaviors
- develop data visualization within their applications in a manner that enables the application user to drill down into data visually
- manage application state and settings throughout the application lifecycle
- deploy their applications using the various methods supported by Visual Studio 2010
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.
Get Course Information