When led by a skilled facilitator, meetings can lead to invaluable information sharing, informed decisions, defined outcomes, and clearly expressed goals. Good facilitation skills also contribute to a more efficient use of attendees’ time and reduced conflict during meetings.
Specifically, course objectives for “Facilitating for Success” include:
- Handle all aspects of the facilitation role: before, during, and after the meeting.
- Use checklists at each phase to ensure that the meeting is planned according to the agenda and kept on track during the session.
- Help attendees decide on the best structure and process for accomplishing meeting objectives.
- Use facilitation tools, including brainstorming, go-rounds, talking sticks, synergy exercises, and small group exercises.
- Use consensus-building techniques (or determine other methods for reaching agreements).
- Handle tension and difficult situations (for example, side conversations, conversation domination, silence, verbal attacks, disruptions, and more).
- Deal with authority figures respectfully and assertively to maintain an open environment for all attendees.
(Recommended length: 1-3 days)
Get Course Information