This workshop will teach you how to use JFrog Artifactory for dependency management, artifact management, and as a repo for common binary products. By the end of this workshop, you will understand how to:
- Manage dependencies using Artifactory
- Avoid versioning and storing binary artifacts in your version control system
- Integrate Artifactory into your IDE
- Use Artifactory to help eliminate redundant handling, maintenance, and management of third-party libraries
- Further enable and mature your enterprise CI/CD and DevOps practices
- Use a CI toolchain to automate dependency management
Typically software development produces two main types of output: (1) source code, and (2) binary artifacts. Our production software systems often incorporate or rely on many dozens or hundreds of binary artifacts. Unfortunately, all these dependencies are often poorly managed and software teams can easily become ensnared in “dependency hell.” Artifactory is designed to remedy this situation, as well as enabling a large number of other lean-agile engineering best practices.
Throughout this course we will be exploring jFrog Artifactory and how we can integrate it into our workflow to improve speed and efficiency of software development and deployment.
Who should attend
Properly managing dependencies and binary artifacts is a crucial skill for anyone involved in the software pipeline. This workshop is for anyone who uses JFrog Artifactory as part of their team’s toolchain. Valuable for:
- Software Engineers
- Release Engineers
- Site Reliability Engineers
- Teams practicing continuous integration or continuous delivery
- Team leads and managers
This course is also available on our public schedule via Live Virtual Classroom:Contact us here.