In this 5-day course, build the skills you need to design, deploy, and manage a physical and virtual Windows Server 2012 application management infrastructure, and focus on using Microsoft System Center 2012 Service Pack 1 (SP1). You will also learn to design, deploy, and manage Windows 8 Enterprise applications in a physical and virtual environment and in the cloud. This course is designed for experienced IT professionals who support medium to large enterprises, have previous experience working with operating systems running Windows Server, have their Windows 2012 Server certification (MCSA), and have taken course 20413: Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure or have equivalent skills. Note: This course maps to the skills and knowledge measured by Microsoft Exam 70-416: Implementing Desktop Application Environments.
This course is intended for Information Technology professionals who are interested in specializing in Windows 8 application deployments and managing the application environments for large organizations. People attending this training could be support technicians or currently in deployment roles and are considering taking the next step in their career or enhancing their skills in the areas of planning and deploying Windows 8 desktops.
A secondary audience for this course is IT professionals who are looking to take one or both exams: 70‑415: Implementing an Enterprise Desktop and Device Infrastructure and 70‑416: Implementing Desktop Application Environments as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification.
What You’ll Learn:
- Design an application distribution strategy that is appropriate for an organizational environment.
- Diagnose and remediate application compatibility problems for desktop and presentation virtualization-based deployments.
- Use Group Policy and Windows Intune to deploy applications to client devices.
- Deploy applications centrally using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1.
- Configure self-service application deployment using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1, System Center 2012 Service Manager SP1, and Windows Store apps.
- Design and deploy Windows Server 2012 roles and features to support presentation virtualization.
- Prepare, deploy and manage applications for Remote Desktop, RemoteApp, and Remote Desktop Web Access.
- Design and deploy Windows Server 2012 roles and features to support application virtualization.
- Virtualize and deploy applications by using App-V and System Center 2012 Configuration Manager SP1.
- Plan and configure the appropriate infrastructure to streamline the deployment of software updates to applications, and plan and configure application security.
- Plan and implement application upgrades, supersedence, and application coexistence.
- Monitor the deployment, performance, and utilization of applications and determine whether current application hosting platforms are meeting business needs.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.
Get Course Information