In this course, you will understand the context and nature of cybersecurity risks and how to manage these risks using the NIST Cybersecurity Framework together with COBIT 5. ISO/IEC 27000 is also covered in this course. So if you are already using that standard or interested in applying it as an overall IT Security Management System, this course will be relevant as well.
This course and exam is aimed at individuals who have a basic understanding of both COBIT 5 and security concepts, and who are involved in improving the cybersecurity program for outside organizations or their own.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the course objectives and content, exam requirements and learning approach.
- Understand the context of cybersecurity: the risks, the challenges in managing these risks, and the benefits of aligning the NIST Framework, ISO/IEC 27000 and COBIT 5.
- Understand an overview of the NIST Cybersecurity Framework, COBIT 5, and ISO/IEC 27000.
- Understand the objectives and scope of the ISACA Guide and how to use it to implement Step 1 – Prioritize and Scope.
- Understand how to use the ISACA Guide and to implement Step 2 – Orient and Step 3 – Create a Current Profile.
- Understand how to use the ISACA Guide and to implement Step 4 – Conduct a Risk Assessment and Step 5 – Create a Target Profile.
- Understand how to use the ISACA Guide and to implement Step 6 – Determine, Analyse and Prioritize Gaps.
- Understand how to use the ISACA Guide and to implement Step 7 – Implementation Plan.
- Understand how to use the ISACA Guide and to implement an Action Plan Review and Manage the Lifecycle.
Benefits of Taking This Course:
The course will enable you to understand the complex topic of cybersecurity, and plan effective implementation programs. It will also enable preparation for the exam to obtain the CSF Implementation Enhanced Qualification.
The recommended prerequisites for this course are:
- Completed COBIT 5 Foundation Course (for obtaining the CSF Implementation Enhanced Qualification)
- Basic Knowledge of COBIT 5
- Basic knowledge of cybersecurity concepts
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.
Get Course Information