This one-day course is the first SharePoint course you should take if you have little or no experience using SharePoint. It teaches the student the first things they need to know about SharePoint. You’ll learn what SharePoint is, how companies are using SharePoint, the business value of SharePoint, and the basics of using a SharePoint Site. Students will walk away knowing: how to use the out-of-the-box Apps in SharePoint including Lists and Libraries; the importance of the social features for making data more findable; how search is affected by user interaction via tagging and following will be explained clearly to you. Students will also learn how Search is used to find information.
This class is designed for SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint 365 users. Labs are conducted in SharePoint 2016.
- Value SharePoint and find a clear explanation of what it is used for
- Navigate SharePoint using the menus and toolbars
- Use Lists to create, edit, and delete team information such as Tasks and Calendars
- Utilize metadata and to empower Search
- Use Views to create reports to find needed information you are looking for
- Use Libraries to work on documents with your team
- Create, Edit, and Delete documents in Libraries
- Use Version Control to easily manage information lifecycle
- Use Tagging and Following to make information more findable.
- Use the Newsfeed to brainstorm, discuss, and ideate with your team members
This course is available on our public schedule via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information