This is a 2-day foundation-level course designed to provide participants with an understanding of some of the fundamental principles of testing. You will learn how testing activities support development activities across different software development models as well as the common testing terminology. The course provides an overview of both static and dynamic testing techniques and how to apply them; introduces test management issues including test planning and estimation, risk-based testing and incident management; and covers tool support for testing, describing many types of tool support, the benefits and potential risks of tools and an effective process for introducing them into an organization.
The Foundation Level qualification is primarily aimed at professionals who need to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing. This includes people in roles such as test designers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and IT Professionals.
The Foundation Level qualification is also appropriate for anyone who needs a basic understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants.
Others include: Test Program Manager, Test Manager, Requirements Engineer, Developer, Functional Tester, Agile Tester, User Acceptance Tester, Test Automation Specialist, Performance Test Specialist, Test Environments Specialist, Security Testing Specialist
Individuals certified at this level will be able to:
- Use a common language for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders.
- Understand established testing concepts, the fundamental test process, test approaches, and principles to support test objectives.
- Design and prioritize tests by using established techniques; analyze both functional and non-functional specifications (such as performance and usability) at all test levels for systems with a low to medium level of complexity.
- Execute tests according to agreed test plans, and analyze and report on the results of tests.
- Write clear and understandable incident reports.
- Effectively participate in reviews of small to medium-sized projects.
- Be familiar with different types of testing tools and their uses; assist in the selection and implementation process.
Benefits of Taking This Course:
- Prepares participants for the ISTQB Software Testing Foundation Certificate examination.
- Provides participants with the following skills to equip them to deal better with the challenges of real world testing:
- Learn about the differences between the testing levels and targets.
- Know how to apply both black and white box approaches to all levels of testing.
- Understand the differences between the various types of review and be aware of Static Analysis.
- Learn aspects of test planning, estimation, monitoring and control.
- Communicate better through understanding standard definitions of terms.
- Gain knowledge of the different types of testing tools and the best way of implementing those tools.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.
Get Course Information