Java 8 for OO Experienced Developers is a five-day, comprehensive hands-on introduction to Java training course geared for developers who have prior working knowledge of object-oriented programming languages such as C++. Throughout the course students learn the best practices for writing great object-oriented programs in Java 8, using sound development techniques, new improved features for better performance, and new capabilities for addressing rapid application development. In addition to the normal exercises that are liberally sprinkled throughout the course, there is a case study that covers the entire spectrum from use cases to object-oriented design to implemented classes. This case study supplements the course and can be used during and after the course as a reference and a tool for reviewing and practicing what was learned in class.
- Understand not only the fundamentals of the Java language, but also its importance, uses, strengths and weaknesses
- Learn to use the most important features of the Java platform
- Learn to use Java multi-threading and exception handling features
- Understand and use classes, inheritance and polymorphism
- Understand and use collections, generics, autoboxing, and enumerations including new Java features and capabilities
- Work with the logging API and framework that is part of the Java platform
- Use the JDBC API for database access
- Use Java for networking and communication applications
- Work with annotations
- Understand and work with the classes in the concurrent package
This course is also available publicly via Live Virtual ClassroomContact us here.