Java 9/10 Programming for Object Oriented Experienced Developers is a five-day, comprehensive hands-on java training course geared for developers who have prior working knowledge of object-oriented programming languages such as C# or C++.
Throughout this Java training course, you will learn the best practices for writing great object-oriented programs in Java 10, using sound development techniques, new improved features for better performance and new capabilities for addressing rapid application development. In addition to the normal exercises that are liberally sprinkled throughout the course, there is a case study that covers the entire spectrum from use cases to object-oriented design to implemented classes. This case study supplements the course and can be used during and after the course as a reference and a tool for reviewing and practicing what was learned in class.
Java 9/10 Programming for Object Oriented Experienced Developers introduces several aspects that were introduced in Java 9 and Java 10, including the Java Modular System and Local Variable Type Inference. Developers leaving this course will be able to participate in projects that are still on Java 8, while they are also ready to move onto projects using Java 9 or 10.
**Note: Students new to OO programing or from a Non-OO Development background (such as C, COBOL, Visual Basic, etc.) should consider the Java 10 and OO Essentials for Developers New to OO.
- Understand not only the fundamentals of the Java language, but also its importance, uses, strengths and weaknesses
- Understand the basics of the Java language and how it relates to OO programming and the Object Model
- to use Java exception handling features
- Understand and use classes, inheritance and polymorphism
- Process large amount of data using Lambda expressions and the Stream API
- Understand the concepts of Object-to-Relational mapping frameworks using the Java Persistence API (JPA)
- Work with the Modular system (Project Jigsaw)
- Use the JDBC API for database access
- Abstract, static and private methods in interfaces
- Take advantage of the Java tooling that is available with the programming environment being used in the class
This course is also offered on our public schedule via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information