JumpStart to Tableau Desktop & Data Visualization is a hands-on course designed for users new to Tableau, who handle and work with data, regardless of their technical or analytical background. This course is designed to help students gain and understanding of the key features and uses of the Tableau toolset in order to move from simple to complex visualizations, and then how to combine them in interactive dashboards. Data-backed visualizations allow anyone to explore, analyze, and report insights and trends from data. Tableau® software is designed for this purpose. Tableau was built to connect to a wide range of data sources, and allows users to quickly create visualizations of connected data to gain insights, show trends, and create reports. Beyond the fundamental capabilities of creating data driven visualizations, Tableau allows users to manipulate data with calculations to show insights, make visualizations interactive, and perform statistical analysis. This gives users the ability to create and share data driven insights with peers, executives and clients.
- Connect to data and save a data source.
- Use the Tableau interface / paradigm to effectively create powerful visualizations.
- Create basic calculations including string manipulation, basic arithmetic calculations, custom aggregations and ratios, date math, logic statements and quick table calculations.
- Represent your data using Cross Tabs, Geographic Maps, Heat Maps, Distribution Charts, Tree Maps, Pie Charts, Bar Charts Dual Axis and Combo Charts with different mark types, Box Plots, Highlight Tables, and Scatter Plots.
- Use Reference Lines to highlight elements of your data.
- Use groups, bins, hierarchies, sorts, sets, and filters to create focused and effective visualizations.
- Use Measure Name and Measure Value fields to create visualizations with multiple measures and dimensions.
- Handle changes in your data source such as field addition, deletion or name changes.
- Share your visualizations with others.Combine your visualizations into Interactive Dashboards and publish them to the web.
Please contact us for a complete course outline.
This course is also available on our public schedule via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information