A complete test plan has the same sorts of information as any other good plan. It defines what will be done and what will not. It also estimates resources that will be required, as well as a schedule of activities. It establishes a basis for managing the testing activities, reporting status and mitigating testing risks.
This 3-day software testing training course will teach you how to do a complete job of planning your test activities. It will walk you through the test planning process, identify all of the inputs you will need and the things you should produce. It will give you guidance on how to plan for test case creation, defect tracking, status monitoring and progress reporting. This course will equip you with all the tools you need to create a test plan that will serve all your needs.
- Objectively identify when testing is complete so you can eliminate ambiguity and disagreements
- Clearly describe the importance and role of the Test Plan so other stakeholders embrace it as important
- Understand how to list the content of a complete Test Plan so you never miss any important components
- Obtain key facts & data you need for accurate Test Planning
- Identify necessary testing-related activities so everyone understands exactly what needs to be done
- Use a requirements-to-test traceability matrix to assure nothing has been overlooked
- Prioritize testing-related activities so tradeoffs can be done with confidence
- Estimate resources required for testing—be assured that you have what you need, when you need it
- Define a comprehensive testing calendar
- Assure the completeness of your tests and eliminate surprises for your customers
This course is also available publicly via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information