This course provides an in-depth review of the business analysis knowledge, skills, and tasks as discussed in the PMI business analysis standard Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide. The material within this course provides a solid overview of the activities commonly performed by those fulfilling the business analysis role on programs and projects. The content of this course is fully aligned to the definition of the business analysis practice as detailed within the role delineation survey completed for PMI in 2013. The course is intended to prepare students who are interested in taking the PMI-PBA® exam.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the business analysis tasks discussed in Business Analysis for Practitioners: A Practice Guide
- State the importance of the five business analysis domains covered by the PMI-PBA®
- Assess readiness for taking the PMI-PBA®
- Prepare effectively for the exam
- Identify other sources to assist in preparing for the PMI-PBA®
- Complete the application process
- Practitioners who have been performing business analysis for at least three years
- Certification prospects who are planning to take the PMI-PBA® exam in the next 3-6 months
- Students who desire to learn more about the PMI-PBA® certification exam and process
- Any Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP®) considering obtaining a BA certification from PMI
Before taking this course, students should fulfill the Project Management Institute (PMI®) requirements for business analysis and general project experience. We recommend students read about these requirements in the PMI-PBA® Handbook.
- This course provides 28 of the required 35 contact hours needed to fulfill the PMI business analysis training requirements. We offer many other PM and BA courses that earn PMI PDUs to meet the full 35 hour requirement.
- A separate application to take the PMI-PBA® examination is required. We recommend that participants begin their PMI-PBA® application before taking this course, although it is not necessary.
- We recommend students read the PMI-PBA® Handbook and PMI-PBA® Examination Content Outline prior to the course.
For maximum preparation value, students should be prepared to take the PMI-PBA®exam within 3 months of completing the prep course.
This course is also available publicly via Live Virtual Classroom: