Effective professionals have the ability to directly influence the performance and success of their respective organizations. But in order to do so, they must first master an array of skills that may be unlike any they have ever used before. The Professional Skills Boot Camp is designed to provide you with just such expertise through an introduction to the competencies that they must master in order to transform themselves into high-performing servant leaders/practitioners.
The course begins with each student performing an assessment of his or her professional skills. This assessment is aimed at providing insights to the student concerning personal strengths and weaknesses, and when properly utilized, can provide a starting point for a comprehensive skills enhancement program.
The course itself is divided into a series of modules, each aimed at introducing one or more of the skills critical to professional success. The class starts with introductions to Leadership, Emotional Intelligence and Communications that set the stage for a diverse array of applied topics such as coaching, mentoring, conflict management, time management, critical thinking, facilitation, and negotiation.
- Analyze and understand personal business strengths and weaknesses
- Review strategies for building trust, using power and authority effectively, and how to develop others on a project team
- Improve self-awareness of emotional intelligence
- Learn how to overcome miscommunication between individuals and departments
- Determine strategies for how to prevent a negative employee’s attitude from spreading to other employees
- Create an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Deal with difficult employees, co-workers, suppliers or bosses
- Choose appropriate communication and collaboration methods in a socially networked world
- Cope with office politics, hidden agendas and changes
- Learn how to persuade others without manipulating or controlling
Who should attend
This course is designed for any professional who handles responsibility, leads teams, manages people or simply wants to become more effective in a professional environment. The immediately useful skills taught in the course are a great benefit to:
- Project Managers – both traditional and Agile
- Agile ScrumMasters and Product Owners
- New Managers
- PMO Managers/Directors
This course is also available publicly via Live Virtual Classroom: