This is a two-day course in effective writing to train your staff on how to write letters, emails and other documents that are clear, concise, correct, coherent, and complete.
The course consists of two, 6 – hour sessions, to be scheduled in two consecutive days or on two days one week apart. All course participants are asked to provide samples of their writing to be discussed during the individual meetings.
Participants will know how to:
- Write effective emails, letters, memoranda, reports, and other documents.
- Ensure that grammar, punctuation, and spelling are correct
- Eliminate unnecessary words and phrases.
- Get to the point quickly and concisely.
- Organize and present information logically.
- Choose the style that conveys the appropriate tone to the reader.
- Make sure all the necessary information is included.
All training materials will be provided. They include:
- A customized workbook, to include examples of email, letter, memo, and report formats; exercises based on participants’ writing samples; and examples of correct emails, letters, memos, and reports, based on the organization’s style guidelines.
- A reference book, Checking Your Grammar.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.
Get Course Information