Targeted for network administrators looking to automate administrative tasks across a set of distributed clients Python for Networking / Systems Administrators is an introductory and beyond-level practical, hands-on Python training course that leads the student from the basics of writing and running Python scripts to more advanced features such as file operations, regular expressions, working with binary data, and using the extensive functionality of Python modules with a focus on network-focused modules such as SSH, Git, and RESTful services. This comprehensive, practical course provides an in-depth exploration of working with the programming language, not an academic overview of syntax and grammar. Students will immediately be able to use Python to complete these types of tasks in the real world.
This course is about 50% hands-on lab to 50% lecture ratio, combining engaging, informed instructor presentations, demonstrations and discussions with extensive machine-based student labs and practical project work. Throughout the course students will learn to write essential Python scripts using the most current and efficient skills and techniques.
Working within in an engaging, hands-on learning environment, guided by our expert instructor, students will learn to:
- Create working Python scripts following best practices
- Use python data types appropriately
- Read and write files with both text and binary data
- Search and replace text with regular expressions
- Get familiar with the standard library and its work-saving modules
- Use lesser known but powerful Python data types
- Create “real-world”, professional Python applications
- Work with dates, times, and calendars
- Know when to use collections such as lists, dictionaries, and sets
- Understand Pythonic features such as comprehensions and iterators
- Write robust code using exception handling
- Automate network administrative tasks across distributed clients using SSH, REST, and More
Please contact us for a complete course outline.
This course is also available on our public schedule via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information