Geared for experienced security professionals, this class is an introductory, practical, hands-on Python training course that leads the student from the basics of writing and running Python scripts to more advanced features such as file operations, regular expressions, working with binary data, and using the extensive functionality of Python modules. Extra emphasis is placed on features unique to Python, such as tuples, array slices, and output formatting.
This course is tailored specifically for Security Analysts and others who wish to use Python functionality for security-related tasks such as log manipulation or forensics. This course is essential for security professionals that are performing security reviews and audits of Python applications or are supporting development teams in implementing better defenses in Python.
This course is about 50% hands-on lab to 50% lecture ratio, combining engaging instructor presentations, demonstrations and discussions with extensive machine-based student labs and practical project work. Although the course is introductory in nature, it will increase in complexity as more sophisticated skills and techniques are introduced. Students can rely on our highly experienced instructors to provide informed, relatable, ‘real-world’ answers to their questions.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Create working Python scripts following best practices
- Use python data types appropriately
- Read and write files with both text and binary data
- Search and replace text with regular expressions
- Get familiar with the standard library and its work-saving modules
- Use lesser known but powerful Python data types
- Create “real-world”, professional Python applications
- Work with dates, times, and calendars
- Know when to use collections such as lists, dictionaries, and sets
- Understand Pythonic features such as comprehensions and iterators
- Write robust code using exception handling
Please contact us for a complete course outline.
This course is also available on our public schedule via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information