This course prepares you to implement serverless environments fully, or simply experiment with serverless engineering patterns so you can evaluate the benefits for yourself.
It’s been estimated that somewhere between 50-80% of the time and money you spend building, deploying, and maintaining applications on-premise is spent on “undifferentiated heavy lifting” – the provisioning, maintenance, and hardware refreshes of underlying servers, routers, load balancers, and disk drives. Only by jettisoning these outdated practices can you realize the full cost savings and agility potential of the cloud. Serverless practices make provisioning and modification of resources as simple as a few minutes or few seconds of effort, and by providing auto-scaling, auto-rebalancing, HA and DR out of the box, serverless architectures allow your team to spend nearly 100% of their efforts on tasks that really move the needle for your business — building new products and features that customers and users will love.
Get hands-on practice and go back to work ready to immediately apply or improve your own serverless architecture patterns, as well as communicating with management about their benefits.
This class is designed to be a practical workshop which goes beyond concepts and gives you tangible engineering skills you can apply in your own IT organization. Much of the class is spent in our enterprise lab environment, giving you hands-on practice with the tools and technologies behind serverless architecture. Guided by a senior engineering instructor, you’ll have the opportunity to tinker and test in a safe classroom environment so you can learn what’s really applicable to your own teams.
- Design use cases and business benefits that are attainable using serverless architecture
- Articulate the value of serverless architectures and how they fit into related architectural patterns of today’s world, such as microservices, cloud, PaaS, etc.
- Comprehensively understand individual serverless components (both in and out of AWS)
- Use at least 4-5 disparate architectures which use serverless components for every aspect of the architecture
- Decide how, when, and where to deploy serverless components in architectures of your own
- Apply best practices around implementation, debugging, logging, scaling, security, and cost management for serverless components.
- Understand the differentiators, benefits and possibilities that serverless architectures open up
- Navigate and communicate the different types of serverless components (networking, compute, storage, etc.)
- Design and apply effective security models for serverless (at both a management/process level as well as using individual AWS-specific components)
- Apply use cases in which DevOps and microservices both play integral roles in the development and maintenance of serverless stacks
This course is also available publicly via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information