About this Course
This five-day instructor-led course is intended for power users, who are tasked with working within the SharePoint 2013 environment. This course will provide a deeper, narrowly-focused training on the important and popular skills needed to be an administrator for SharePoint site collections and sites. SharePoint deployment or farm administration skills and tasks, which are required for IT professionals to manage SharePoint 2013, are available in separate Microsoft Official Courseware.
This course is intended for SharePoint site collection administrators, site administrators and power users who are tasked with working within the SharePoint environment.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design and implement a company portal structure using SharePoint 2013 objects including sites, libraries, lists and pages
- Explain the role of security and permissions throughout SharePoint 2013
- Implement guidelines for consistency in building a company portal to aid in the day-to-day administration of content in SharePoint 2013
- Enhance the design of and content on a company portal using SharePoint 2013 themes and web parts
- Explain the importance of governance for the planning and managing future growth of the SharePoint 2013 implementation
- Identify options to integrate data from other systems as well as preserve existing data
- Explain the role of social networking in SharePoint 2013 and its impact on collaboration
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Windows client operating system – either Windows XP, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Microsoft Office 2007, Office 2010 or Office 2013
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8 or 9
- It is recommended students have familiarity with previous versions of SharePoint, though it is not a required prerequisite.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.