This 1-day course teaches tools for both creative and systematic problem solving. Activities and games provide practice in how to maintain an open mind and apply proven techniques to thinking outside the box. Solutions to at least three fourths of business problems can be found through applying the different approaches of creative problem solving.
- Be able to use Situation Analysis to determine if a situation presents a problem, an opportunity, a decision, or a task.
- Be able to use a three-step process for creative problem solving.
- Know how to use brainstorming as a technique for generating ideas.
- Know how to use the Systematic Problem-solving process.
- Know how to use Force Field Analysis and the Fishbone Diagram to determine causes.
- Know key analytic tools for making high impact and routine decisions.
- Know how to avoid decision making traps.