Successfully managing time, tasks, people and resources can be a challenge! Microsoft Project can help you design a successful project plan and track details across complex projects. In this class, we will demystify all the features and scheduling engine of Microsoft Project. Students will fully understand how to build detailed project schedules, track and update actuals, build great reports, and track all the details of your project in Microsoft Project.
Topics include navigating Project, starting a new project plan and building task schedules, setting resources and assignments, formatting and sharing your plan, and tracking process. We’ll also dedicate time to advanced topics like the scheduling engine, manual and automatic scheduled tasks, fixed duration versus fixed units, advanced resource management, and more. Students will spend time understanding earned value analysis and how to track within MS Project. You’ve always wanted to understand the intricacies of MS Project – and now you can!
This class is valid for using both Microsoft Project 2013 and 2016.
- Navigate and customize the MS Project Interface
- Start new Project Plans and build out Task Scheduled – the RIGHT way
- Set up Resources and Assignment
- Format and Share your Report in beautiful compelling ways
- Track Progress on your Plans
- Learn Advanced Task Scheduling Techniques
- FINALLY understand the Project Scheduling Engine!
- Utilize Advanced Resource management functions
- See Resource Capability and Availability
- Use Earned Value Analysis
This course is also available on our public schedule via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information