The goal of this 5-day course is to teach Microsoft Windows 2000 operating system administrators how to take advantage of Windows Script Host (WSH) by using the Microsoft Visual Basic Scripting Edition (VBScript) language. They will be able to develop real world scripts that theycan use to manage Windows 2000 networks. This course also provides an overview of other technologies where you can use script, such asActive Server Pages (ASP), Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), and third-party Component Object Model (COM) components.
This course is intended for Windows 2000 systems administrators who need to learn how to develop administrative scripts for their enterprise networks. In addition, this course benefits anyone who wants an introduction to the VBScript programming language.
What You’ll Learn:
- Describe WSH and associated scripting technologies.
- Use objects in code written in Visual Basic Scripting Edition.
- Master the essentials of the VBScript language.
- Master debugging and error handling with VBScript.
- Use VBScript to interact with Active Directory Services Interface (ADSI).
- Develop logon, logoff, startup and shutdown scripts.
- Develop scripts that perform common administrative tasks.
- Identify how they can continue to use VBScript in other scenarios.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.
Get Course Information