This 3-day class is an introduction to cloud computing and specifically Microsoft’s public cloud offering in Windows Azure. Windows Azure has been described by Microsoft as an operating system for “the cloud”. In this class, you explore this cloud operating system and learn how to write, deploy and monitor .NET applications in Azure.
This class is designed for .NET developers with Web application experience that are exploring developing new applications or porting existing applications to Windows Azure.
What You’ll Learn:
- Understand cloud computing in its various forms and how Windows Azure fits in the cloud computing space.
- Learn why organizations want to run applications in the Azure cloud.
- Understand the architecture of Azure.
- Explore the Azure SDK and development environment (Compute and Storage Emulators).
- See how to develop applications for Azure and how that varies from “normal” .NET application development.
- Write and deploy an ASP.NET Web application (Web Role) to Azure.
- Learn how to create and deploy background computational applications (Worker Role) in Azure.
- Explore Azure Storage capability to include table, queue and blob storage.
- Examine SQL Azure, the relational database in the cloud.
- Study how SQL Azure differs from Azure Storage.
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.