Learn to handle the written and the spoken tasks of managing performance in this fast-paced, hands-on class. In addition to learning how to write performance reports and accomplishment reports, attendees will learn how to have engagement conversations and feedback conversations using a coaching tool and step-by-step instructions for making feedback meaningful and easy to hear and implement.
Specific course objectives include the following:
- Write performance documentation that is objective, clear, and meaningful.
- Track your staff’s and your own accomplishments throught the year.
- Write powerful accomplishment reports that go beyond merely describing the task and instead share measurable and significant outcomes.
- Become adept at having conversations aimed at increasing employee engagement and retention.
- Differentiate between engagement and feedback conversations and adeptly use both.
- Understand the role of feedback and open communication in adult learning and motivation.
- Identify the effect of workplace motivators and demotivators on employees’ engagement, productivity, and retention.
- Use a coaching model to deliver effective workplace feedback, including active listening.
- Practice giving and receiving workplace feedback using the BEER Model (Behavior, Effect, Expectation, Recap), as well as practice having engagement conversations.
- Set personal goals for engaging and coaching your staff.
(Recommended length: 1 to 2 days)
Get Course Information