Organizations require people with the skills to make decisions to secure information systems based on best practices, standards, and industry recommendations. Security architects fill this need. These skilled cybersecurity professionals design and implement secure architectures and translate business processes and risk into policy and implementation rules.
Cybersecurity Specialization: Architecture and Policy is a 3-day course that provides an overview for designing and deploying a security architecture. In this course, you will integrate security policies across network, application, information, and access control architectures as well as cloud and hybrid cloud models. You will review and implement industry standard best practices and policies (NIST, etc.), along with standard architecture framework models.
The course uses a challenge-based design that focuses on what a learner should be able to do at the end of the course and back on the job. The practice opportunities and challenge activities resemble—as much as possible—tasks the learner would be asked to perform in a real-life situation.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Security architect’s role in the security lifecycle
- Use recognized frameworks to support controls and reduce risk
- Capture security requirements for network, application, data, and access control architectures
- Design appropriate access controls based on the mission of the organization including role based, task based, or other access controls
- Verify compliance to standards for an architecture
- Update an architecture to mitigate risk in response to a security auditor’s list of findings
- Establish security policy creation and management
- Design secure virtualized environments
- Identify components and concerns that might impact a cloud migration
- Examine options for incorporating key management into your architecture
- Document an architecture in an appropriate format representing requirements and domains
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.
Get Course Information