This course provides skill development in four areas that everyone needs to effectively contribute to achieving results. The course includes training in communication skills, tools for understanding and managing conflict, tools for developing emotional intelligence skills, and tools for team leaders.
- Understand the responsibilities of a supervisor: to plan, organize, and control work.
- Use communication approaches that work and avoid those that don’t.
- Understand your individual communication style.
- Know how to manage critical conversations.
- Know how to build rapport and relationships.
- Know what causes conflict.
- Identify your own preferred strategy for handling conflict.
- Learn about five common strategies for managing conflict and how to determine which strategy is appropriate for a given situation.
- Know how to work collaboratively to find solutions that meet the needs of all people involved.
- Understand the core competencies of emotional intelligence.
- Complete the Emotional Intelligence Style Profile.
- Understand how to increase your self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship skills.
- Understand how to use a facilitative style in leading meetings.
- Know the obstacles to effective meetings.
- Know how to run a problem-solving meeting.
- Be able to engage a group’s creativity.
- Know how to build a collaborative group.
- Learn the four personality types that team members exhibit and how to get the best out of any group.
Course Length: 2 days. The course can be scheduled in two consecutive days, two days one week apart, or four half-days one week apart.
- Communication Approaches That Work
- What’s My Communication Style Assessment – Learn about 4 communication styles and determine the one you generally use
- Ways to Manage Critical Conversations
- Ways to Influence and Build Relationships
- Causes of Conflict
- Dealing with Conflict Assessment – Learn about the 5 styles for handling conflict, which one you tend to use most often, and how to select the most effective style for each situation
- Strategies for Managing Conflict
- How to Create Collaboration
- What It Is and Why It’s Important
- The Emotional Intelligence Style Profile
- Personal Competence and Social Competence – Skills and Tools
- The Power of Empathy
- How to Handle Difficult People and Situations at Work
- What Effective Teams Look Like and How to Be an Effective Team Member
- Tools for Teams
- Meeting Facilitation
- Creative Problem Solving
- The New Science of Team Chemistry: Pioneers, Drivers, Integrators, and Guardians Note: this assessment integrates the four team roles with the styles in the first assessment, What’s My Communication Style.
- How to Build a Collaborative Team
Get Course Information