This Introduction to Scrum training course will lay the foundation for understanding and building successful agile teams using the Scrum Framework. In this powerful two-day course, you’ll grasp the concepts, principles and methods of the Scrum framework and become empowered to execute on your plans for incorporating Scrum practices and techniques into your organization.
- Appreciate the history of Agile and how the collection of principles and practices came together to enable customer success.
- Gain an understanding of the Agile framework and the methodologies under the Agile “umbrella” including: Scrum, Extreme Programming, AgileUP, Feature Driven Development, Lean Development and DSDM.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a Scrum team.
- Talk the talk: learning the Scrum terminology, ceremonies, and cadences.
- Walk through the processes that support the Scrum principles to enable the delivery of great products.
- Begin to map the transition of your existing team or enterprise-level processes, artifacts and forums to Agile.
- Discover the power of Scrum through communication, collaboration and cadence.
- Uncover the pitfalls that teams will encounter in an Agile transition and understand how to overcome those challenges.
- Lay the foundation upon which you can build an agile environment and organization.
- Understand Agile planning at all levels of execution from product vision down to daily development of features.
Who Should Attend:
This Introductory Scrum training course is designed for anyone who is considering the use of Scrum for software development, including:
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- IT Managers/Directors
- Software Engineers
- Software Architects
- Product Managers
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.