Kanban methods have increased in popularity. Going beyond the manufacturing origins, more and more teams in information technology are adopting the practices. Kanban methods go beyond the visual aspects of the Kanban board. In addition to visualizing the work in progress, Kanban provides techniques to manage the flow of work and continuously improve on that flow. You learn focus on the work that is needed and reduce the time spent on the wrong work. Other advantages include flexibility of process, increased productivity, and improved efficiency. The concepts are easy to understand yet difficult to master.
The 2-day Kanban Workshop provides guidance on Kanban implementation and bootstrapping a Kanban system in your own organization. You will learn how Kanban is a cultural change initiative and what that shift means, how Kanban can be applied to your software development workflow, and how it differs from other development methods.
- Kanban origins, evolution, and benefits
- Kanban concepts, principles, and terminology
- Visualization of Work
- Limiting Work-In-Process
- Analyzing the Flow of Work
- Optimizing your Kanban system
- Continuous improvement culture
- Common misunderstandings and pitfalls of Kanban
- Experiments and analysis to improve team performance
- Kanban Metrics and Management Reporting
This course is also available publicly via Live Virtual Classroom:
Get Course Information