This 2-day course is designed for experienced IT professionals and developers, providing an insight into development techniques and approaches that can be applied to Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform. You will learn the necessary skills to extend the features of Model-driven Apps and Canvas Apps using code, integrate with the Common Data Service using the Web API and Organization Service, build custom controls using the Power Apps Component Framework (PCF), implementing custom business logic through Plug-Ins and Custom Workflow Activities, write client-side code that interacts with the Client API Object Model, implement Custom Connectors, and learn about the Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) frameworks available to help support and maintain Power Platform implementations, including the Microsoft Power Platform Build Tools for Azure DevOps and the Power Apps Center of Excellence (CoE).
What You’ll Learn:
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Understand the features and tools that exist for Developers in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 Power Platform.
- Be able to extend Model-driven and Canvas Apps with code to support complex business requirements.
- Understand how to set up projects in Microsoft Visual Studio in preparation to write code, connect to and extend the Common Data Service.
- Write server and client-side code to execute commands, read and write data to and from the Common Data Service using the Web API.
- Write server-side code to execute commands, read and write data to and from the Common Data Service using the Organization service.
- Download and configure developer resources and tools such as the PowerApps Component Framework (PCF), the Customer Engagement Software Development Toolkit and Visual Studio resources.
- Build custom components using the PowerApps Component Framework (PCF).
- Understand where and how to use the Power Apps Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Extend Model-driven Apps with custom business logic using Plug-In and Custom Workflow Activities.
- Build, configure and deploy Custom Connectors in the Power Apps Maker Portal.
- Embed Canvas Apps and PCF components into Model-driven Apps.
- Understand the best practice methodologies when extending and writing code for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement and the Power Platform.
- Understand the need for Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) through the implementation of Microsoft Power Platform Build Tools for Azure DevOps and the Power Apps Center of Excellence (CoE).
Please contact us for a detailed course outline.
Get Course Information