Being able to write clearly is a critical skill for today’s employees. Attendees will get the “write stuff” in this fun but intensive writing course that covers foundation skills and advanced writing techniques.
Specifically, course objectives for “The Write Stuff” include:
- Identify passive voice constructions and correct them when necessary.
- Differentiate between simple, complex, and compound sentences.
- Understand and use parallel structure in sentences and in lists.
- Use commas, apostrophes, and other punctuation correctly.
- Identify and correct common usage errors.
- Name the components of a paragraph.
- Apply the principles of “plain language” and a “deductive” approach.
- Use a Desk Tool to ensure you are using the proper writing steps.
- Use positive or neutral tone in all business writing.
- Write effective and safe email.
- Choose the correct word form from among tricky word pairs and trios.
(Recommended length: 1-2 days)
Get Course Information