This half-day course provides instruction in the key tasks all business writers need to master in order to write effective emails. Participants learn how to write clear, sentences and how to streamline sentences to remove unnecessary words. In addition, participants learn how to write action-oriented emails and how to achieve the right tone in every email. Writing exercises provide an opportunity to practice clear, concise, and coherent writing.
Course Objectives – The course will provide information on how to:
- Ensure that all business correspondence is Clear, Concise, Coherent, Correct, and Complete.
- Eliminate common grammar, usage, and punctuation errors.
- Use seven tools to write strong sentences.
- Write effective emails.
- Edit – Use the Editing Checklist.
- Proofread – Use the Proofreading Checklist.
Course Length: ½ day
- Three Key Elements of Business Writing
- The 5 Cs of Effective Business Writing
- Types of Documents
- Writing Clear, Concise, and Coherent Emails
- Eliminate obsolete expressions
- Eliminate unnecessary words and phrases
- Write strong sentences
- Use the active voice
- Write well-organized paragraphs
- Writing Effective Emails
- Email Do’s and Don’ts
- Email Usage – 7 Tips
- The A-B-C format for writing action-oriented emails
- Email Tone – How to get it right
Summary and Checklists (Editing and Proofreading)
Get Course Information